Tuesday, July 31, 2012
As indicated on the photo: Pinta is on the left, and No More Film is on the right. Both are swatched with two coats with flash.
To my eye, Pinta looks ever so slightly darker and bluer-- not enough to own both. I prefer Pinta-- what about you?
Crushed Candy (middle finger) is on the left; Disco Biscuit (pointer) is on the right.
(photo provided by Lisa of Cosmetic Sanctuary)
"Butter London Disco Biscuit is on my pointer finger and Maybelline Crushed Candy is on my middle finger. Disco Biscuit needed 3 coats (and still sheerish), Crushed Candy need 2 (for this pic). Base color is almost exact, the only big difference is the Disco Biscuit has chunkier iridescent glitter while Crushed Candy has more of a fine "shimmer" in the same iridescent glitter color. "
If you would like to see more from Lisa, feel free to check out her amazing beauty blog and follow her on Facebook.
Swatch photos are courtesy of Rebecca, a friendly face who I know via Facebook's Zoya Nail Polish Exchange Group.
From left to right:A-England Avalon, Pure Ice No Means No, A-England Order of the Garter, and Zoya Song.
Rebecca reports that
"I was just swatching [Order of the Garter] to compare to Zoya Song... and remembered again how BAD it is! It goes on kind of clumpy and take like 3 or 4 coats! So unlike my other smooth as butter 1 or 2 coater A-Englands!"
Only speaking for myself: these photos personally make me want to buy a Pure Ice and a Zoya. This isn't to say that I have no love for A England: I do love my St. George!
- Zoya Akyra and Essie Trophy Wife
- Julep Kate and Orly Au Champagne
- Zoya Rekha and Zoya Sooki
- Zoya Bevin and OPI Mermaid Tears
- Cult Nails Iconic and Barielle Elle's Spell
- Sinful Colors Kissy and Zoya Charla (you can see more Charla dupes in a Clone Attack post right here).
Guest Dupe Attack from mylifeinpolish: Essie Mesmerize, Orly Shockwave, Pure Ice French Kiss, China Glaze First Mate
As you can tell, the China Glaze is more navy than the others. I knew that before I started but I have four fingers and really wanted to add another blue. Orly Shockwave looks a tad darker in the pictures but really isn't noticeable, especially indoors. First Mate and French Kiss had the easiest formula to work with. If you exclude First Mate my pick would be French Kiss. Best part is it's only $2. I love inexpensive dupes that have a good quality. I hope this comparison helps some of you out on your quest for the perfect blue. You can find me over at mylifeinpolish.blogspot.com. Stop by and say hi.
I'd love to share our newest addition to the blogroll, The Polish Jinx! This blog is run by Shayna, who has made several informative and useful dupe comparison posts in the past.
Here are a few of them:
Credit for all photos goes solely to Shayna of The Polish Jinx.
I hope that everyone is looking forward to what's coming up for Lacquer Clones! As of now, we have plans underway to compile swatch sticks comparing blacks, whites, reds, blues, light aquamarines/teals/light blues, medium teals, corals, and several other shades. All in all, we have sixty-five ladies in Facebook's Lacquer Clones Swatching group offering to swatch shades from their collections and send them back to me. Nearly 200 colors have been offered so far!
- OPI Funky Dunky and Sinful Colors Amethyst
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away and Zoya Robyn
- OPI Thanks A Windmillion and Zoya Bevin
- OPI Glitzerland and Finger Paints Key to My Art
Here's a first dupe post: dupes of Zoya Charla. Here, I have Essence Colour & Go in Choose Me!, Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry in Teal of Fortune, and Sinful Colors Kissy. (Other dupes of this color include OPI Catch Me In Your Net, Orly Halley's Comet, NYX Girls Sea of Cortez, and Jesse's Girl Glee. If you know more, let me know!) They look nearly identical while posing outside in the 90-plus degree heat. On swatch sticks, however, there are some slight differences:
Essence Choose Me! on the left, Wet 'n' Wild Teal of Fortune in the center, and Sinful Colors Kissy on the right. Each are with two coats.
I was surprised to notice that, despite the Teal-y name, Teal of Fortune was the least green of the bunch. Kissy has a deeper pigment than the others, and Choose Me! is ever so slightly less opaque. My personal favorite is Sinful Colors Kissy, although I would warn that it did leave slight stains on the edges of my nails. I assume it stained where I had missed base coat. Edit: JulieG Mermaid's Tale is also a Charla dupe. Props to Roxanne Lee Tornyi for this info! She has also provided me a photo of Jesse's Girl Glee and Zoya Charla, both in the bottle and on nubbined swatch sticks (two coats):
Also, if you would like to contribute to this blog in any way, let me know. Maybe you want to make a guest post. Perhaps you'd prefer to cross-promote by sharing a dupe-alert post on your own blog. Even a contribution of dupe photos (maybe you have other Charla dupes!) would be useful. Drop me a comment!
- OPI DS Sapphire and Layla Holographic Effect Mermaid Spell
- Nfu-Oh 63 and Color Club Fashion Addict
- Essence Colour & Go Let's Get Lost and Sinful Colors Why Not
- Julep Rachel and Zoya Cheryl
- Ulta Socialite and Zoya Juicy
- Wet'n'Wild Teal of Fortune, essence Choose Me!, and Sinful Colors Kissy
- Mavala Las Vegas and OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ
- Julep Megan and Revlon Fast Dry Ocean
- Finger Paints To-Teally Hot and Sinful Colors Rise and Shine
- China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Nubar Ruby, and Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Love Buzz
- The two shades of Sally Hansen Prisms Blush Diamond
- Essence Colour & Go Ultimate Pink and Rimmel Lycra Wear Pink Punk
- Zoya Laney and love & beauty light grey (shimmer version)
- Sally Girl neon orange mini and Sinful Colors Summer Peach