Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Plans.

I don't see myself as a blogger. But I am a Googler. An info-checker. Before I buy a bottle of nail polish, I search for reviews, figure out details. And, like many lacqueristas, I'd prefer not to buy a dupe of something I own. But dupe-searching can be a massive pain in the butt. If you're reading this, I probably don't even have to explain: hoping that someone made a blog post comparing swatches. Worst case scenario, you put two different swatch photos side-by-side and pray that the lighting isn't deceiving. I don't have enough polish, nor enough dupes, to solve this issue entirely. But I can help. In a week or two, I'll be getting some swatch sticks I ordered on eBay. I'll swatch my entire collection. Over time, I'll make posts compiling any nail polish dupes and near-dupes. I'll post bottle shots, swatch-stick shots. Note to self: here are some that could work:
  • OPI DS Sapphire and Layla Holographic Effect Mermaid Spell
  • Nfu-Oh 63 and Color Club Fashion Addict
  • Essence Colour & Go Let's Get Lost and Sinful Colors Why Not
  • Julep Rachel and Zoya Cheryl
  • Ulta Socialite and Zoya Juicy
  • Wet'n'Wild Teal of Fortune, essence Choose Me!, and Sinful Colors Kissy
  • Mavala Las Vegas and OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ
  • Julep Megan and Revlon Fast Dry Ocean
  • Finger Paints To-Teally Hot and Sinful Colors Rise and Shine
  • China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Nubar Ruby, and Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Love Buzz
  • The two shades of Sally Hansen Prisms Blush Diamond
  • Essence Colour & Go Ultimate Pink and Rimmel Lycra Wear Pink Punk
  • Zoya Laney and love & beauty light grey (shimmer version)
  • Sally Girl neon orange mini and Sinful Colors Summer Peach
But this is a drop in the polish-dupe bucket. Thankfully, I have lots of polish-addict friends. Some are bloggers, and some aren't. For the former, I'd love to link to their dupe comparison posts. For the latter, I'll be hosting guest bloggers, allowing them to share their own dupe finds and comparisons. Until the swatch sticks arrive, though, I'll just be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment