Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dupe Attack by Amber: Essie Guchi Muchi Puchi vs. Essie Raise Awareness (2011)


Today, I have a blog post planned and written by Amber of the Lacquer Clones Swatching group on Facebook.  Below, she has a Dupe Attack for two pretty soft Essie pinks:  Guchi Muchi Puchi and Raise Awareness!

P.S.: Amber doesn't have a blog, but she does tweet. If you'd like to follow her on Twitter, head over to twitter.com/amberback .
___

Last October, when I walked into Ulta and saw Raise Awareness, limited edition, sitting on a Breast Cancer awareness month display, I just couldn’t help but grab it. It is the perfect light bubble gum pink color. Unfortunately, it takes 3-4 coats to really be opaque on the nail and over the past year I’ve used up almost half of the bottle. Eep! Luckily for me, I came across a sale at my local Trade Secret store… they had several, rather old-looking boxes of Essie polishes at 75% off! Not many of the colors stood out to me as something I needed but then I saw Guchi Muchi Puchi and thought it looked very familiar. Since it was nicely discounted, I grabbed it hoping it would be a good replacement for the discontinued Raise Awareness when I ran out.

A bottle shot with Guchi Muchi Puchi on the left and Raise Awareness on the right. 




Are they dupes? I think Raise Awareness just might be a little more cool-toned.


Another bottle shot.

One coat each of Muchi Puchi (left) and Raise Awareness (right)

Above is 1 coat of each. I think this view shows their differences best. Guchi Muchi Puchi (left) is a bit
lighter and softer than Raise Awareness (right).

Three coats each of Muchi Puchi (left) and Raise Awareness (right)

Above is 3 coats of each. Again, you can see that Raise Awareness (right) is a tad bit brighter and I also think leans a little bit cooler toned. I’d also like to mention that I prefer the formula of Guchi Muchi Puchi, but that could just be because my bottle of Raise Awareness has been well used over the past year.

Conclusion… not dupes! But I think they’re close enough that one could satisfy the need of the other. While both are discontinued, they can be found rather easily on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment